Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Why I Am Not a Successful Writer...Yet

What do we do with a new laptop and a rainy day? Well, for one thing, I am not sitting in my new office flush with ideas. Rather, I am playing with my this wonderful toy, configuring and setting it up so I can better fulfill my literary destiny.

Mainly, I am attempting to find out what programs are already installed on it and what I want it to have. And getting acclimated to the keyboard. Hey, every computer is different. And I am a horrible typist!

I must thank my sister for this lovely machine. Ok. I need to get down on my knees and bless her profusely. After all, I did lament, in the not-so-distant past, the aged creakiness of my old laptop. It was becoming slower than death. My writing sessions were becoming exercises in patience-or multi-tasking. They went something like this: Hit the power button, hover close, maybe grab the iPhone and prepare my headphones, type in password, walk away to get a cup of tea or glass of water, grab the thesaurus(just in case), stroll back, glance at the screen, yup! still booting, think about what to write, start the music, I think it's ready, open a document, refill my water/tea, check screen, still not loading, hmm....oh, it's ready! Now what did I want to work on? I forget.

Of course, this one connects to the internet way too efficiently...

No comments:

Post a Comment